Learn about templates and their benefits.
- [Instructor] Have you ever found yourself creating the same type of document over and over again? Or possibly taking an old document, copying and pasting, and replacing information and then saving it as a new file. A template is a document that contains styling, images, and other elements that help you streamline the creation of new documents, and provide consistency for your documentation. Think of a template as a master file that you can create, save and reuse. When you create a new document from a template, it makes a copy, but leaves the original master intact.
For our Landon Hotel events team, we have several documents that we mix and match when we are planning and executing a new event at the hotel, including a sales lead form, a banquet event order, a catering proposal, and a catering agreement. To help out the team, we're going to go ahead and create a template repository. Templates are a great way to standardize your documentation. Take a look around you in your daily work, and see if there are some documents that you create consistently, and see if it makes sense to turn them into templates.
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Management (2018)with Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.