Learn about site columns.
- [Instructor] Previously, we've talked…a little bit about columns.…When you start creating your own columns,…can you imagine the possibility that you might create…the exact same column in multiple lists or libraries?…How about event type, status,…document type, publisher review dates?…This can become a repetitive and tedious task,…especially if they're updated.…For this reason, SharePoint gives us the ability…to create reusable columns that we call site columns.…Think of these as column templates.…A site column can store the exact same types…of information that a column can store.…
Some of those data types are text, date and time, choices,…which is like a drop down list, yes/no,…which is like a checkbox, currency for money, or numbers.…In our case, we work for the catering and sales department.…So some of the common information we might need…would be along these lines.…The client name would be a text.…Event date would be a date or time.…Requires catering could be a checkbox.…You may have already put this together in your head,…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Management (2018)with Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.