Learn about what a document set is and how it can streamline your work.
- [Instructor] You can probably relate to situations…where you have to create multiple documents…at the onset of a new project, new client,…or, in our case, a new event.…For each new event, the catering team needs…to create several documents, including a proposal,…sample menus and even room diagrams.…Adding the same information over and over again…to each document can be time consuming and frustrating.…Luckily, SharePoint libraries have the ability…to create a special content type…that does all that hard work for us,…and that's called a document set.…So what is a document set.…
When you create a document set,…it automatically creates a set of documents for you…using the templates and the content types…that we've already established.…In addition, there are shared sets of columns or metadata…that automatically update when you update the document set.…This can save time and frustration when key information…is updated, and in your previous method,…you would have to go into each document…and make those changes.…There are a couple of cautions here.…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Management (2018)with Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.