Learn about how to assign a default template to the content type.
- [Instructor] Once your document becomes a template,…it's set in stone.…Just kidding.…Absolutely not.…As our documentation evolves, we may need to make changes.…The good news is if you need to update your template,…it does not alter previous documents created…from that template.…Only the new ones created from that point on.…Let's say, for example, that we're needing…an expiration date on our catering proposals,…and it's actually something we want to track…in the document properties.…In order to do that, first we need to add…the expiration date to the content type,…and you don't necessarily have to go all the way back…to the list settings to alter that.…
Let me show you a trick.…If you go to list settings from the tools menu.…And select library settings.…And then slide down to where you can see your content types.…In this case, it's the catering proposal.…Let's select that option.…Remember, all of our content types inherit from each other,…and when we added it to this library,…it kind of created a copy of the catering proposal.…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Management (2018)with Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.