Learn about how all documents have properties that store information about the document.
- [Instructor] In this course, we're going to be talking…a lot about the information that's stored within a document.…These include document properties.…In SharePoint, those are columns.…In the SharePoint world,…all of this information is called metadata.…So what is metadata?…Metadata is the information…that is stored in the background of a document,…such as the name of the file, the author,…and the dates that it was modified or created.…Document properties play a huge part…in the world of SharePoint,…especially with templates and content types,…but they can also help in automating document creation.…
Let's take a look at this typical Word document.…Where do we find the document properties?…To view them, first click the File tab.…And then, if necessary, click the Info section.…On the right-hand side,…we see some of the basic properties about the document,…including the size, how many pages,…how long it's been edited.…This information is automatically created…and stamped into the document for you.…Just below that, we see title, tags, and comments.…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Management (2018)with Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.