Learn about a strategy for approaching templates.
- [Instructor] As with everything in SharePoint,…the success of your site is 95%…in the planning of the site.…To create a template repository,…it's important to create an inventory of your documents,…what metadata, or properties,…that will be needed in those documents,…and what information will be required or optional…for each of those documents.…I like to use an Excel workbook to plan my documents.…Let's take a look at what that might look like…for our Sales and Catering department at Landon Hotels.…This is an example of the worksheet that I like to use.…
Notice across the top I have spaces…for documents one, two, three, four, and five.…Feel free to add additional columns if you have…more than five documents.…The first thing I like to do is round up…all of those templates and put 'em in a central place,…and then I work from there.…So let's look what that might look like.…I'm just going to half screen my page here.…For the purposes of this course I have four templates…that we're going to manage.…A Banquet Event Order, a Catering Agreement,…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Management (2018)with Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.