Join Shari L Oswald for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of SharePoint Advanced: Document Creation and Automation.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look back…and see what we've accomplished.…First, we rounded up the templates…that we wanted to standardize and automate.…Then, we identified the data we would need to collect…for all of those documents and created our site columns.…With the site columns in place,…we were able to create our content types…and then assign those content types to our templates.…Finally, we were able to add those content types…to our library and were able to create…and add templates easily right from the library itself.…Voila, problem solved!…No more fishing around for templates,…repurposing old or even outdated documents for new projects,…and, most importantly, no opportunity to look bad…because the documents that we found were obsolete.…
Thank you for joining me in this journey,…and I hope that you will be able to use this strategy…for streamlining your own work process,…whatever that may be.…To keep up to date on what's new and changing in SharePoint,…be sure to follow the SharePoint Support Blog…at techcommunity.microsoft.com…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.