In this video, Phil Gold shows how to deactivate a space in Cisco Spark. Although spaces can't be deleted, learn how they can be deactivated when no longer needed.
- [Instructor] So, what do you do…when you no longer need a space…or a conversation is out of date…and it's just cluttering up your history?…In Spark you can't delete a space.…I did mention that if your setup allows,…you can delete comments in a thread.…However, when you delete a comment in a thread,…it will leave a comment…that you have deleted a comment.…Also, your company's data retention policy…might have restrictions on what you're allowed to delete,…so you'll wanna make sure…that you're following your rules.…
What can you do with spaces?…Well, you can leave them…thus removing them from your history.…If a space is no longer pertinent to you…but other people are still engaged there,…your leaving won't affect them,…they'll still be space members.…However, you will not be able to participate again…unless someone reinvites you to the space.…How do you leave a space?…Very simple.…In the Message area, click the Information icon…and then click Leave Space.…
That's all there is to it.…Remember though, once you leave a space…
- Updating your profile and settings
- Chatting with people
- Sharing files in chats
- Starting calls
- Adding other people to calls and chats
- Adjusting permissions
- Adding spaces and teams
- Using the Spark mobile app
Skill Level Beginner
Making the most of Spark2m 17s
1. Getting Started with Spark
Download desktop app2m 46s
2. Communicating with People
4. Organizing and Connecting
5. Spark on Mobile
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.