Join Robin Hunt for an in-depth discussion in this video Exercise files, part of Building Solutions Using Excel and Access 2019 Together.
- [Instructor] I have the Exercise Folder on my Desktop. Each Chapter has a folder, and each video has its own folder. You'll find the starting and finishing file in each one of the folders. However, this course builds on the same database throughout, so once you start to work on a database, you don't have to change that database until the very end. You can also jump into any Chapter at any time, and start with the copy of the database. You may find that you need to relink your tables for whatever chapter you start in.
You can refer to the video linked Table Manager in Chapter Two for steps on updating your links. Starting in Chapter Four, we start building our Test Production in 04_01. Again, just be sure to refer back to the linked Table Manager to update your links. We'll stay in this Test Production folder all throughout Chapter Six. In Chapter Seven, we'll actually start building our Production folder. Again, you can jump in at anytime. Just remember to update your links.
And our final exercise is starting in 07_04, if you jump in there remember, you need to hold the Shift key to open your database, because we've set database options that you'll want to bypass to work in your database. A good reminder that you might need to update your links is if you see a message that tells you it's not pointing to a valid path.
- How Excel and Access can work together
- Using the Problem Steps Recorder
- Leveraging screen capture tools
- Building tables in Excel and Access
- Creating basic queries using tables
- Maintaining linked tables
- Calculating in Excel versus Access
- Building forms
- Building macros to run on-demand queries
- Generating datasets using parameters, queries, and macros