Learn about how to enable content types in a library.
- [Instructor] By default, document libraries only contain…the standard document and folder content types.…And what I mean by that is when we click the New button,…we have an option for documents or a folder.…This could be a Word document, an Excel document,…a PowerPoint presentation.…Whatever we select here, it would automatically create…that type of document.…We want to take this document library to the next level,…to where it doesn't just say Word document,…it actually gives us our templates.…In order to use content types,…the first thing we need to do…is enable content types in our library.…
Let's click the Tools menu,…and then go to Library settings.…Then click Advanced settings.…Let's select Yes under Allow management of content types.…Scroll down and click OK.…Scrolling down the default content type is just document,…let's add from our existing content types…that we have already created.…Add from existing content types…and then we can filter by group.…
Let's choose event content types…and then select the ones we would like to add.…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.