Learn about how to edit an existing site column.
- [Instructor] Imagine that before knowing…about site columns you had added the same choice column…to multiple lists or libraries…and those values need to be changed or updated.…You would need to go to each list or library…and make those changes.…This is tedious and cumbersome.…One of the many advantages of using site columns…instead of manual columns…includes this concept of cascading updates.…What I mean by that is if a site column is updated…all of the lists and libraries consuming that site column…are updated as well.…When we previous looked at the difference…between a choice column and a lookup column…we determined the advantage of using a lookup column…is that the options in the drop-down menu will update…as the list updates.…
But what about our handy little choice columns?…What happens when they change?…Remember, choice columns are best used when you have options…that never change or change rarely.…As we start adding events…we might realize we've forgotten some Event Types.…Let's imagine that we have a new client…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Management (2018)with Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.