Learn about editing content types.
- [Instructor] After you create your content types,…there may be a need to update the content type…by adding or removing site columns…or even changing which columns are required,…optional, or hidden.…Let's update the parent content type Sales Document…and add the Client Name field.…From the Content Type Site Gallery…go ahead and select the Sales Documents…and then select Sales Document.…Let's Add from existing site columns,…and choose Client Name,…and click Add,…and, finally, OK.…
We've added this to this Sales Document content type.…Let's look at what it did for the Sales Lead.…Again, from the Content Type Gallery,…filter for the group,…and then select the document.…Notice now the Client Name column is also here,…because it inherited from the parent.…If needed, we can also change these to required…and reorder them as necessary.…
Now that we have all of our content type started,…we're going to make this functional…for creating documents automatically.…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Management (2018)with Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.