Learn about how to tweak the order of the items in the New Document menu.
- [Instructor] Our templates and content types…are now available in the new document menu,…but they usually appear in the order…that they were added to the library.…We want to make sure this is useful to our catering staff…so we need to tweak this a little bit.…For example, you might want your choices…to appear in alphabetical order…or you might want them to appear…in the order that they would be created.…Let's switch these around a little bit.…To change the order in the new menu,…first go to the library settings…so let's click the tools menu…and select library settings.…
Scroll down to see the bottom of the content type section…and then select change new button order…and default content type.…There are two settings in here…that you need to pay attention to.…The first one on the left is whether this will be visible…in the new document menu or not.…Sometimes we need to remove that standard document option…out of the new menu…so that they use the content types that we provided.…Next, you need to place them in the position from the top.…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Management (2018)with Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.