Learn how to customize an existing document set.
- [Instructor] Once we've created a Document Set,…we need to customize it so that it works for us.…First of all, our columns at the bottom are the site columns…that we selected, and in many of our documents,…some of this information is required.…So we might want to update the columns to be required.…For example, Client Name.…And the column settings, currently this is optional.…Let's make this required, and then click OK.…We would want to do that on each one of the fields…that are required throughout…every document in the Document Set.…
Otherwise, you're gonna have some conflicting information.…I call these the key columns, and they will show up…in many places throughout your Document Set.…The next thing we need to customize is…what documents do we want it to create automatically for us?…And that's in the Document Set Settings.…There's a lot of things going on in this window.…Let me pick it apart for you.…At the top, we have the Allowed Content Types,…and this is where you say these are the types…of documents that are allowed to be in my Document Set.…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Management (2018)with Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.