- [Instructor] We've planned where we want…to create our document template library.…Now let's go ahead and create it.…In the upper right-hand corner,…first click the tools menu,…and then select Add an app.…Keep in mind you will only be able to create a library…if you are a site administrator…or if you have full control access of the site.…In this case, we want to select Document Library.…And then, as a best practice,…always click Advanced Options.…
Let's name our library templates.…Be sure to always add a description.…This gives you the opportunity to let people know…what the purpose of this particular library is.…I'm going to add Sales and Catering Templates.…At this point, we need to select whether…or not we want version history,…and I always suggest keeping version history turned on,…and then the Document Template,…this is going to be updated later,…but our default template is a Word document.…
Let's click Create.…Our document template library is ready.…From this point, we have a consistent location…where our team can locate…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Management (2018)with Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.