Learn about how to create a site column.
- [Instructor] We've talked a lot about site columns so far.…Now it's time to create them.…Site columns can contain any of the data types…previously discussed.…However, in this video, we will create two site columns…that are going to become drop down lists.…First, we will create a choice column,…and then we will create a lookup column,…both as site columns in the parent site…to ensure that they're available to both the catering…and the sales department.…First and foremost, and I'm telling you this…from experience, make sure you're in the right place.…
Nothing is more frustrating than going through…and creating a whole bunch of site columns,…and then realizing you were in the wrong spot.…Currently, we're in the event site,…which is the parent site to sales and catering.…To create a site column, we need to get…into the site settings.…So let's click the tools menu.…And then select site contents.…The site settings option is in the upper right hand corner.…To create a site column, let's click the site columns link…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Management (2018)with Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.