Learn about why and how to create a list of values that can be used to populate a lookup column.
- [Instructor] Next, let's talk about two of the options…that we have for creating those columns that provide you…with the drop down list of pre-populated values.…There are two types of columns in SharePoint that allow you…to make selections from a set of options.…Those are the choice column and the lookup column.…A choice column is best used when you have a standard set…of choices that never changes or doesn't change very often.…In this case, we have the event type column,…which is breakfast, lunch, dinner, breakout, and wedding.…The entries in this list do not change very often.…A lookup column is best used when you have a dynamic set…of information that you need to select from.…
As the number of entries grow within the list,…the options in the drop down list are also updated.…In this case, we have our table of leads.…So as new leads are added,…we would want them to appear in the drop down.…Typically, this is one column out of many…in another list or library within your site.…SharePoint gives you the ability to connect one list…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.