Create a document set content type.
- [Instructor] The first step in creating a document set…is identifying which documents are related…and what information is common between them.…We've already done that in our planning sheet,…so let's put together the document set.…The document set, again, is a content type.…So let's go to the Tools menu…and then select Site contents,…and then Site settings.…The content types are in the Web Designer Galleries.…And from here let's click Create.…
First we need to give it a name and a description.…Always give it a description.…So this'll be an Event Document Set.…And then in the Description let's just identify…that this is a Set of Documents…for Sales and Catering Events.…Next we need to identify the Parent Content Type,…where that content type is coming from,…and which one we want to base this on.…Let's look at the options.…From here we're going to choose…the Document Set Content Types.…
If you do not see this option…it's because it has not been enabled on your server…and you'll need to work with your administrator…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Site Owners (2016)with Bill Kulterman1h 52m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.