Designate a document template to a content type.
- [Instructor] Up to this point,…we've talked about content types…and how they relate to lists or libraries.…Lists store just lists of information,…but document content types add a very special functionality.…Not only can you store information about the document,…but you can also use the properties of the document…to actually populate the content of the document itself.…We constructed our template pool,…but we need to let SharePoint know…which columns feed the content of our document…and which template we want to use for each content type.…In order to do that,…we need to assign a content type to each template.…
Our default content type was document…so we need to change that on each one of our templates.…To update the content type,…first select the document from the list…and then click the little i icon…in the upper right-hand corner to expose the property panel.…Just fair warning.…This is one of those areas…that Microsoft loves to change a lot…so I can't guarantee that what you see now…is what you see while I'm recording,…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.