Join Shari L Oswald for an in-depth discussion in this video Assigning a template to a content type, part of SharePoint Advanced: Document Creation and Automation.
- [Instructor] When you add new content types to a library,…it should give you some cool things in the New menu.…Let's click the New menu here.…And you see here where I can add a new Sales Document,…a new Buffet Menu, a new Catering Proposal,…all from the dropdown menu, and this is fabulous,…except when we click New right now,…we're getting a blank document.…We actually wanted to pull up the template.…In order to do that, we have to tell SharePoint,…when we say New Sales Document,…or we say New Buffet Menu, or we say New Catering Proposal,…which template we want them to use.…
Now I'm going to apologize in advance for this…because I don't agree with some of the way…that the new interface is working,…but we need to work with what we're given,…so I'm gonna give you a couple of tricks.…We need to capture the URL of each one of these document…templates so we can assign it to the content type.…And this is where it gets tricky,…so I'm going to half screen my window here.…I usually pull up Notepad on the right hand side…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.