Learn about how a site column can be added.
- [Instructor] Before we start adding our own columns,…it's always a good idea to go and see…if they already exist in SharePoint.…For example, this is our leads list,…and we need to add contact information,…such as address and phone numbers.…Let's go check SharePoint and see if they already exist.…Let's start from the Homepage.…To view your existing site columns,…first click the tools menu.…And then select site contents.…In the upper right, there's a link that says site settings.…And site columns is in the web designer galleries.…
Remember, the site columns are grouped by content type,…so let's filter just for our contact information.…And looking here, I see quite a few fields…that I can go ahead and repurpose.…I don't need to reinvent the wheel.…Let's go ahead and add them to our list.…To add a site column,…first we need to go to the list settings.…So click the tools menu.…And then click list settings.…Let's scroll down and see what columns are already here.…
Currently, we have the event name and the dates…that they were created and modified.…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Site Owners (2016)with Bill Kulterman1h 52m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.