Learn how to create a document in a library using the content type template.
- [Instructor] Here we are in our event document library,…and this is where the rubber hits the road.…We've got everything in place and now we have a small event…that we need to create a catering proposal for.…Let's go ahead and add one to the document library.…To add a document, click new.…And then select the type of document you'd like to create.…So we're gonna select catering proposal.…Notice the placeholders for the information…on the lefthand side.…I could go page by page through this document…and figure out what those are.…But instead, let's open the properties panel.…
Let's click file.…And if needed, select the info section.…The properties are on the righthand side.…Let's click show all properties.…And notice some of our fields…are required indicated by the red box.…We're definitely going to need to fill those in.…But we can also fill in the other information.…For example, the company name.…The client name.…
The type of event.…And this is going to be a luncheon.…And our budget.…And don't forget to slide down…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Site Owners (2016)with Bill Kulterman1h 52m Intermediate
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.