Join Shari L Oswald for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding a document to a document set, part of SharePoint Advanced: Document Creation and Automation.
- [Instructor] As your project or in our case, event,…evolves, sometimes we need to add new documents…to our document set.…To add a new document, click the new button.…This is a key point that I'd like to share with you.…We have all of these documents that we can add,…but let's say there were some menus…that we wanted to add here and we don't see that.…This is a common point of confusion for people…and they're not sure why things aren't appearing here.…Let's go back to the Document Set Settings.…When you created the Document Set at the top,…we designated the allowed content types…and we did not include the menus…as far as those content types.…
You may notice that the options on the right hand…side are the same ones that we see in that menu…when we hit the new button.…If you need to add additional content types,…you could do so here.…Let's say for instance the menus.…I'm going to go ahead and filter for that group…and then select all of the options and then click add.…Let's scroll down and click okay...…and go back to our fundraiser document set.…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.