Learn about how to add custom columns to your templates.
- [Instructor] Wouldn't it be nice…if when you created a new document from a template,…it would do some of the work for you?…In this video, we're going to show you…how to add those properties to the template…so that when you create a new document,…it works similar to a mail merge.…Let's look at our sales lead document.…Looking at the form,…those fields at the top should look familiar to you.…Those are those custom columns…that we created in our content types.…We are going to add those columns into those fields…so that they will auto fill for us.…To do that, we need to use the full functionality of Word.…This capability is not available in the browser version…so let's click Edit in Word.…
Let's start adding some of our document properties…to this document.…The document properties are in a special place…under the Insert tab.…And in the text group,…expand the Quick Parts option.…There are two sections in here…that you might be interested in.…The first one is the Document Property…and you should see all of the columns here…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Management (2018)with Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.