Learn about enabling content types and adding them to a library.
- [Instructor] In a previous video,…we created the templates library…that stores all of the current templates of the documents…for our sales and catering events.…Each of these templates are building blocks…of our new document management system.…In order to utilize these templates for our content types,…we need to assign the content types to the template library…and then identify which template…belongs to which content type.…In order to use content types in a library,…we first need to enable that feature…and we do that in the library settings.…So let's go to the tools menu…and then select Library settings.…
Content types are in the advanced settings option…of the general settings…and then select Yes under Allow management of content types.…Scroll down and click OK.…You should now see another section…within the library settings that says content types.…And the only content type available…is the document content type.…Let's go ahead and add some of our new content types…to this library.…
First, click Add from existing content types.…
AuthorShari L Oswald
- Why automate your documents?
- Planning your templates
- Creating a template library
- Working with content types
- Setting up the template library
- Building document libraries
- Creating and customizing document sets
- Adding a document to a library
Skill Level Advanced
SharePoint: Compliance Managementwith Tiffany Songvilay1h 25m Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Create Web Surveyswith Gini von Courter52m 28s Intermediate
SharePoint for Enterprise: Data Managementwith Phil Gold1h 45m Intermediate
2. Working with Site Columns
3. Working with Content Types
4. Setting Up the Template Library
5. Building Your Document Libraries
Creating a library1m 3s
6. Working with Document Sets
7. Adding Documents to a Library
Next steps1m 25s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.