Join Amy Balliett for an in-depth discussion in this video The science behind visual communication, part of Infographics Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- Did you know that pairing short form text with symbols…increases comprehension by 89%?…Or that 90% of the information we retain is visual?…And a popular study of visuals versus text…shows that the brain registers visual information…60,000 times faster than any other form of communication.…It's clear that visual communication is an extremely…powerful method of getting information to the masses,…but why do we respond to it universally in the same way?…Possibly the best way to answer this question…is through a simple test.…
When I say the word "dog",…what pops into your head?…Was it this?…It's highly unlikely that the letters -D-O- and -G-…appeared in your head,…and more likely something like this appeared instead.…We don't think in text,…because we are innately visual creatures.…We have been communicating visually…since the beginning of time.…At birth, children learn stories by their visuals,…before ever learning how to read,…and even the text that we read…is a series of symbols strung together to create meaning.…
In this course, Amy Balliett, CEO of Killer Infographics, shows members how to create engaging and successful infographics that will stand out from the crowd. She explains the science behind good visual communication, reviews the different types of infographics, and introduces design principles and techniques that will help you build engaging and successful infographics.
- Why visual communication matters
- Types of infographics
- Focusing on message and accuracy
- Researching the infographic
- Building a wireframe design
- Working in Adobe Illustrator
- Publishing and marketing your infographic