Join Amy Balliett for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding PR and HARO, part of Infographics Fundamentals.
- When promoting your infographic…you can focus entirely on pushing it out…via social media with custom thumbnails…or you can try a traditional PR approach.…While both have been previously discussed,…the PR approach is a bit more technical.…So I thought it best to give it a special focus.…Not every goal is best accomplished through PR.…In fact you should focus on a PR promotional…strategy only when your infographic success will…be measured through traffic to a target website…or obtaining a few quality backlinks to that site.…
Notice that I said a few quality links,…don't expect to get dozens of backlinks…with a PR play, instead focus on high quality sites…that search engines few as having a higher authority.…One link back from them is worth…at least 10 one off blog links.…In addition, not every infographic…is meant for a PR campaign.…To succeed in a PR campaign your…infographic needs to share new information…or offer a fresh take on known information.…
In other words, it should be newsworthy.…There are three tools that will come in…
In this course, Amy Balliett, CEO of Killer Infographics, shows members how to create engaging and successful infographics that will stand out from the crowd. She explains the science behind good visual communication, reviews the different types of infographics, and introduces design principles and techniques that will help you build engaging and successful infographics.
- Why visual communication matters
- Types of infographics
- Focusing on message and accuracy
- Researching the infographic
- Building a wireframe design
- Working in Adobe Illustrator
- Publishing and marketing your infographic