In this course, Amy Balliett, CEO of Killer Infographics, shows members how to create engaging and successful infographics that will stand out from the crowd. She explains the science behind good visual communication, reviews the different types of infographics, and introduces design principles and techniques that will help you build engaging and successful infographics.
- Why visual communication matters
- Types of infographics
- Focusing on message and accuracy
- Researching the infographic
- Building a wireframe design
- Working in Adobe Illustrator
- Publishing and marketing your infographic
Skill Level Beginner
- Hi, I'm Amy Balliett, CEO of Killer Infographics, and welcome to Infographic Fundamentals. In this course, we'll discuss the basics of visual communication and how it translates into infographic design. I'll start by providing a background on visual communication and how to think like an infographic designer. From there, we'll dissect different types of visual communication so that you can begin to identify successful methods of infographic design.
We'll cover the top rules of infographic design, as well as go through a detailed process to design an infographic yourself using Adobe Illustrator. As we deep-dive into the design process, I'll show you how to use the graphing tool in Illustrator, as well as some quick tips to lay out your design and visualize information in the most successful ways possible. We'll even strategize about how to market your infographic once the design is complete. So let's get started with Infographics Fundamentals.