Join Amy Balliett for an in-depth discussion in this video Good content is 50% of a successful infographic, part of Infographics Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- While great visuals attract viewers,…good content keeps their attention.…This brings me to the fourth rule of infographic design.…Good content is 50% of a successful infographic.…Without enthralling content,…you risk giving people great design without substance.…Having great content doesn't mean that you're breaking…rule number one, to always think about context.…Instead, it means that the information…being shared stands out, especially when visualized.…
Let's dissect the infographic Geek VS. Nerd.…When we were approached to design this,…the end client was a company advertising IT schools.…They wanted something that would spark…conversation and drive back-links to their website.…We could've pitched any number of ideas,…but knew that the topic and accompanying content…would help the client achieve their goals.…This infographic was highly successful online…and the design was only 50% of that success.…
This content includes a good mix of both…qualitative and quantitative data…showing that not all infographics are…
In this course, Amy Balliett, CEO of Killer Infographics, shows members how to create engaging and successful infographics that will stand out from the crowd. She explains the science behind good visual communication, reviews the different types of infographics, and introduces design principles and techniques that will help you build engaging and successful infographics.
- Why visual communication matters
- Types of infographics
- Focusing on message and accuracy
- Researching the infographic
- Building a wireframe design
- Working in Adobe Illustrator
- Publishing and marketing your infographic