Join Amy Balliett for an in-depth discussion in this video Adobe Illustrator quick tips, part of Infographics Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- Adobe Illustrator is the best tool to use…when designing infographics.…And to make things even easier,…here are some quick tips…to always keep in mind when using this program.…Let's begin with shortcut keys.…Here are my top five favorite shortcuts…that will always come in handy.…One, hold down the shift key when resizing elements…to ensure their proportions don't change.…Let me show you what I mean.…If I were to simply drag a corner of this photo…to resize it,…the proportions could drastically change…because I don't have a lot of control over it…and nobody wants a stretched photo.…
But when I hold down the shift key,…you'll see that the proportions snap into place…no matter how fast I move.…Now, let's say you only want to zoom in…on the face of the dog.…Let me show you how to do that…with tips numbers two and three.…Number two, Adobe Illustrator isn't like Photoshop,…you can't simply cut out the background of this image.…Instead, you need to mask it.…Start by putting a shape over the area you want to appear.…
If you need to move the box,…
In this course, Amy Balliett, CEO of Killer Infographics, shows members how to create engaging and successful infographics that will stand out from the crowd. She explains the science behind good visual communication, reviews the different types of infographics, and introduces design principles and techniques that will help you build engaging and successful infographics.
- Why visual communication matters
- Types of infographics
- Focusing on message and accuracy
- Researching the infographic
- Building a wireframe design
- Working in Adobe Illustrator
- Publishing and marketing your infographic