Learn the basics of prototyping. Discover how to build prototypes that allow you to test and validate your UX designs.
- Welcome to Foundations of UX Prototyping. I'm Diane Cronenwett. I'm a user experience designer, and I've worked for various large Silicon Valley-based tech companies, and I've been in UX for over 10 years. In this course, we will cover prototyping as an integral part of the design process and how prototyping creates better experiences for the business and the user. We'll also cover fidelity of prototypes as it relates to where you are in your design process. Then we'll wrap it up with a look at some common prototyping tools that you can use to create your prototypes.
This course is an overview of prototyping, and we'll get into some hands-on projects as a way of exploring the tools and gaining familiarity on how the tools support the prototyping process. So if you're ready, let's dig into Foundations of UX Prototyping.
Explore the benefits, techniques, and tools of prototyping in this introductory course with designer Diane Cronenwett. Diane covers the basics of building effective prototypes with the right "fidelity," and getting more valuable feedback from your design testing. Learn how to build simple, satisfying prototypes on paper, and use digital prototyping tools like Moqups, InVision, and Axure to add interactivity and animation.
- What is a prototype?
- How prototyping helps user experience
- Defining prototype goals
- Sketching ideas
- Creating paper prototypes
- Building low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes
- Creating HTML prototypes
- Testing and evaluating prototypes
- Choosing the right prototyping tool