In this video, Emmanuel Henri gives an overview of the inVision interface and briefly explains what each of the sections are. He shows how simple and intuitive the interface is, and introduces the main tools.
- [Instructor] InVision has a very simple interface and you'll discover that, as we explore the different sections and functions of the application. So, let's explore a bit what we see when we first log in to InVision. Here you can see I've got some sample projects under the All tab. If you're starting with your new account, you may not see anything here. But all of these projects are included in their samples. Also, keep in mind that InVision constantly updates the site. So what you see may look a little different. Let's take a look.
So, first you see the projects in here. So you see the boards and the prototypes and, in fact, these are all boards. So, once we have prototypes, you're going to see them, as well. You can click here to filter by the types themselves. And you can even put favorites. And we'll go through that in a future video. The other thing is, if you don't see anything here and you want to explore with us and follow along, you can click on the plus sign here and then mouse-over the prototype or the board and create a new prototype or even try a sample from the samples that I have or more.
At the top, you have the projects. You have the activity, once you start doing some stuff in InVision, you're going to see the activity. You see the people that are related to that project. So, for example, I have Skippy the Wondermule, a great partner of mine. And then you have the Learn section, when you can actually learn a little bit more about InVision. Let's go back to InVision. So, anywhere you are in the application, you'll see the InVision logo like so. So this is a good way to get back to the main menu. If you click on it, you'll get back to where the projects are.
So, here, if you click on Projects, you can see the current projects. We have four. Or you can see the archived projects. So, I've worked on other projects and I've put them in the Archived. So, if you want to archive a project, you click here, on the three dots and then you can archive it like so. Yes, Archive Board. And then it will be in your Archived sections. At the top here, you have the notifications. If you want to see all the notifications related to your projects, you're going to see them here.
So, here you have some announcements and stuff directly from InVision. So, in this section, this is the Tools and Extension. You'll see the Whiteboard and we'll go through that. We can do Desktop Sync and we'll also go through those functions. And, last but not least, you have the management of your account right there. So, you can see this is a simple and intuitive interface and we'll start to explore its tools.
- Working with the interface
- Creating boards
- Sharing and collaborating on boards
- Integrating InVision into your workflow
- Setting up Craft
- Building prototypes
- Using comments and Tour Points
- Collaborating with LiveShare
- User testing