InDesign's Gridify options speed up the creation of a grid of frames.
- [Instructor] Continuing with the discussion of InDesign's … grid related features. … Here I'm going to use one called gridify to create … this layout of pictures and captions. … So I'm going to be using gridify in combination with … layers, object styles, and paragraph styles … to enable me to automate this as much as possible. … Let's move to the next two pages which are blank, … press W to turn on the guide. … So we have the layout grid already established. … I'll now press F to access my frame tool. … Come to my layers panel. … Make sure that I'm creating this … content on my pictures layer. … I'll come three rows down and draw myself a frame … two rows deep, and keeping my mouse button pressed, … I'm now going to press my right arrow to divide … that frame into two, and then once again to divide it … into three. … Now when I do this, the gutter space between the frames … is exactly what we want it to be. … If we need to change that, then hold then your command key. … You'll need to use your other hand to do this, …
- Why grids matter
- Setting up a modular grid
- Determining margins, page size, and aspect ratio
- Creating a baseline grid
- Creating a cap height grid
- Text wraps and grids
- Object styles and grid
- Using the Gridify feature
- Breaking your grid with images
- Shaping text frames
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC: Designing a Magazine Layoutwith Nigel French1h 51m Intermediate
Graphic Design Foundations: Typographywith Ina Saltz2h 23m Beginner
1. Grids: An Overview
2. Setting Up a Grid
3. Using a Baseline Grid in InDesign
4. Grid-Related InDesign Tools and Features
5. Breaking the Grid
6. Third-Party Grid Tools
Grid Calculator Pro6m 31s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.