Join Keith Gilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video Your first script edit, part of InDesign: Scripting Made Easy.
- In earlier movies,…I showed you how to get the ExtendScript Toolkit…and how to install a script.…Now it's time to make your first modification…to an existing script.…First of all, I'm getting all tongue-tied…saying the ExtendScript Toolkit…over and over again…so from here on out I'll be referring to it…as the Toolkit.…I think that will be better for us all.…In preparation for this…display your scripts panel on the screen…if you haven't done so already…and if you don't have the enlarged…Pasteboard Script installed…install it now,…and then open the…Globe Bank Mortgage brochure InDesign file.…
To edit a script…all you do is right click on the script…or control click if you have a one button mouse…and choose edit script.…That will launch the Toolkit and open…the script in the Toolkit.…Now a curious thing, at least on my Mac…if you already had the Toolkit running…the script will open in the Toolkit…but it doesn't bring the Toolkit to the front…so you may have to go down to…the dock, find the icon for the Toolkit,…and click on it.…
- What are InDesign scripts?
- Installing scripts
- Editing scripts
- Referencing InDesign objects in scripts
- Creating a script to set preferences
- Creating a script to watermark designs
- Creating a script to transpose characters
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Appropriate for all
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Find and Install Scripts
3. Edit a Script
5. Reference InDesign Objects with a Script
6. Create a Script to Configure Preferences and Defaults
7. Create a Script to Add Document Watermarks
8. Create a Script to Transpose Two Characters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.