Join Mike Rankin for an in-depth discussion in this video XML workflow, part of InDesign CC 2014: Interactive Documents.
XML is a mark-up language similar to HTML but more flexible since you can…create your own custom set of tags,…to describe the information you're working with.…With XML workflows, you can bring structured content into InDesign,…and create pages in an automated way with amazing speed.…You can also tag InDesign content with XML tags and export it…for use in databases, on the web or even in other InDesign documents.…So, let's take a look at the steps in XML workflows.…The main purpose of bringing XML structured content into InDesign, is that…you can use it along with a tag template to automatically create layouts.…
You can create in a matter of seconds what…would take you hours or days to do manually.…The catch is that the pages have to be very consistent so, something like…a directory or a product data sheet, would be appropriate for an XML workflow.…Something with highly designed, unique page layouts like a magazine, would not.…The first step is to acquire the right set of…XML tags that you want to apply to your content.…
- Overview of interactive document types
- Enhancing a project with interactive objects
- Setting up hyperlinks, page transitions, and a table of contents
- Understanding media formats
- Adding HTML animations
- Manage folios with the Folio Producer
- Creating EPUBs
- Adapting a page layout for mobile devices with Liquid Layout
- Changing page designs with primary text frames
- Formatting text with text style mapping
- Workflows for designing interactive documents
- Customizing the workspace
- Organizing content with layers
- Using third-party scripts to work on interactive documents
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 09/02/2014. What changed?
A: We added movies on creating navigational TOCs and new support for fixed-layout EPUBs in InDesign CC.
Q: This course was updated on 12/12/2014. What changed?
A: We added two new movies covering updates to the EPUB workflow, and revised five movies to reflect other changes in InDesign CC 2014.1.
InDesign CS6: EPUB Kindle and iPadwith Anne-Marie Concepción7h 33m Intermediate
InDesign CS6: Interactive Documentswith Mike Rankin5h 11m Intermediate
1. Setting Up InDesign for Working with Interactive Documents
2. Types of Interactive Documents You Can Make with InDesign
3. Working with Interactive Objects
4. Using Navigation Tools
5. Multimedia Tools
6. Tools for Creating Digital Publishing Apps
7. Tools for Creating EPUBs
8. Tools for Adapting Layouts
9. Interactive Document Workflows
10. Advanced InDesign Workflows for Interactive Documents
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.