Join Nigel French for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with section markers, part of InDesign CS3 Long Documents.
Now, as well as remember to put page numbers on your master pages you can also put section markers…on your master pages and that's what we have here.…This is actually inserted as a section marker on the A master page and that's how it looks there,…but in the context of the document page it's going to reflect what section we are in.…So let's see how we can do that.…I'm going to start out by deleting that and the way we get a Section Marker is by either right-clicking where we are…or going to the Type menu and choosing Insert Special Character, Markers and we want Section Marker.…
Now, we have seen this one before.…Let me just mention these briefly.…Next Page Number and Previous Page Number.…You would use these if you are working with any kind of noncontiguous text flow.…For example, a newspaper that started on page one and the story continued on an interior page.…That would be the Next Page Number and then on the interior page that it was continued…from that would be the Previous Page Number and these update should your text reflow.…
- Setting up templates and master pages
- Working with Bridge
- Creating books
- Planning and managing styles
- Troubleshooting with the Story Editor
- Managing footnotes and endnotes
- Searching with GREP
- Generating a table of contents
- Automating layouts
- Repurposing material as PDF and XHTML documents
Skill Level Intermediate
1 . Getting Started
2. Planning Your Project
3. Setting Up and Applying Master Pages
4. Working with Booked Documents
5. Getting the Most from Global Formatting
6. The Story Editor and Editing Tools
7. Footnotes and Endnotes
9. Understanding GREP Searches
10. Generating a Table of Contents
Styling a table of contents7m 57s
11. Automating Layouts
12. Repurposing Material
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.