Learn how to work with panels and save a custom workspace.
- [Voiceover] On the right side of the screen…are your docked panels.…If you can't find a panel that you're looking for,…they're all listed on to the Window menu…in alphabetical order, between Articles and Utilities.…Some are grouped together thematically…wherever you see this flyout menu.…The panels will all have a panel menu…in the top righthand corner…giving you options specific to that panel.…You can tear the panel off.…If you double-click on its name,…you will expand and contract the size of the panel.…
If you wish to re-dock a panel,…either drag it back into a panel grouping,…in this case the panel grouping…that it originally came from,…or just drag it to the bottom of your existing panels.…Which panels you have open and how they are grouped…is referred to as your Workspace.…At the top right, we have the workspace picker,…currently in Essentials Workspace.…I'm going to choose the Advanced Workspace,…one of the predefined workspaces…that come with InDesign.…
And then just as a precautionary measure,…I'm going to choose Reset Advanced.…
Author and designer Nigel French explains how to set up an "editorial workspace" that puts the tools you need most at close reach. He then moves on to selecting and editing text in InDesign: changing case, adding special characters, formatting lists, and inserting breaks. He also shows how to use the Story Editor, Notes, and the Track Changes feature, and explains how InDesign documents are constructed, so that you can edit them with more confidence.
- Opening and saving InDesign documents
- Creating an editorial workspace
- Using guides and nonprinting visual aids
- Selecting and editing text
- Changing case
- Accessing special characters
- Working with bulleted and numbered lists
- Checking spelling
- Working with Notes and Track Changes
- Understanding the underlying structure of an InDesign file
- Controlling text breaks
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 34m Beginner
1. The InDesign Environment
2. Editing Text
3. Editorial Panels and Features
4. How InDesign Documents Are Constructed
5. Controlling Text Breaks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.