Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with color swatches, part of Introducing InDesign.
- In this movie, I'll show you how to create…and apply custom colors, which are known…as swatches, from the swatches panel.…Along the way, I'll show you how to copy…and paste simple graphics from other programs,…and how to fill the interior of a shape.…Notice that I'm looking at page two of this document.…Now, let's say I wanna add a decorative graphic…to this empty area in the bottom left corner of the page.…I could draw the graphic in InDesign…but I'm probably better off using…a dedicated drawing program such as Adobe Illustrator.…
Now, anytime you wanna open another Adobe application,…it's often easiest to work from…Adobe's file management program which is called Bridge,…and to get to Bridge, you go up to the File menu,…and you choose Browse in Bridge.…You also have that keyboard shortcut that's very similar…to the Open command which is cmd + opt + o here on the Mac…or ctrl + alt + o on the PC.…Now, a moment later, you should be looking…at thumbnails inside of the current folder…which for me is this 06_Images sub-folder…
- Creating a new InDesign document
- Navigating in InDesign
- Creating and formatting text
- Formatting text with paragraph styles
- Creating dynamic hyperlinks
- Adding, deleting, and moving pages
- Importing, cropping, and scaling photos
- Placing artwork
- Stacking and layering objects
- Wrapping text around a graphic
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Document and Setup
2. Rulers and Guides
Working with the rulers4m 4s
3. Text and Formatting
4. Automated Formatting
5. Pages and Pouring
6. Photos and Graphics
7. Combining Type and Graphics
8. Publishing Your Document
Next steps1m 11s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.