Join Anne-Marie Concepción for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with InDesign book files, part of InDesign CC 2015: EPUB Fundamentals.
- People who create long documents,…like books and technical manuals,…often break up those documents…into separate InDesign files.…They don't keep it all…in one big, complicated InDesign file.…And then, many of those people use InDesign's Book feature…to manage all of those individual documents,…like I have right here in our Exercise Files.…I have an InDesign Book file, that's what .indb means,…and then a collection of documents are…inside this file folder.…So every chapter of our Robinson Crusoe book,…I've broken out into individual InDesign files,…including front matter, preface,…the internal table of contents, and so on.…
This is not the video for me to teach you…how to use the Book feature,…assumably you are already using Books.…If you want to learn how to use the Book feature,…there are many videos on lynda.com…that teach you how to do that.…So check out the "Getting Started with InDesign" title,…for example.…But here I've already created a Book file,…and I did that by going to File, New, Book,…and then I added these individual documents…
- Choosing between fixed-layout and reflowable EPUB
- Creating an EPUB workspace in InDesign
- Managing the sequence of content
- Creating a table of contents for navigation
- Working with book files and Word documents
- Adding metadata
- Cleaning up text formatting
- Mapping text styles
- Optimizing images for EPUB export
- Exporting to EPUB2 and EPUB3
- Previewing and validating EPUB files
- Converting EPUBs to other formats
Skill Level Beginner
1. Understanding the Nature of EPUBs
2. Setting Up and Testing
3. Preparing the InDesign Publication for EPUB Export
4. Optimizing Text for EPUB Export
5. Optimizing Images for EPUB Export
6. Understanding the EPUB Export Options Dialog Box
7. Previewing and Validating EPUB files
8. Converting the EPUB to Other Ebook Formats
9. Keeping Up with the Field
Next steps3m 46s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.