InDesign's Publish Online is easy to use. In this video, Diane Burns covers some of the technical aspects of Publish Online. Learn the significance of the CSS3 and HTML5 code that is written to the Adobe servers. Type is important, too, and you'll learn how Publish Online handles type so that it's crisp, clean and clear.
- [Voiceover] You may be wondering what happens…to your InDesign document when you click…the publish button, and your document is published online.…When you publish a document, your document is written out…in CSS3 and HTML5 to the Adobe servers,…and it's to the Adobe servers part…that's important to understand.…There is no file or code that you can get to.…It's on the Adobe servers where it's served up, so to speak,…but there is not a discreet file created…that you have access to.…
As we discussed in another video, this code…is very similar to that of a fixed layout EPUB.…The structure of this code, if you've ever cracked open…a fixed layout EPUB from InDesign is well, pretty dense,…but like a fixed layout EPUB,…it preserves our layout beautifully,…and it's flexible enough to allow us…to use all of InDesigns wonderful interactive features,…like buttons, slide shows, and animations.…Another way in which Publish Online differs…from fixed layout EPUBs is that the reader, if you will,…for Publish Online documents is a browser,…
Learn what Publish Online can and cannot do, and how to adjust the publication settings to make sure documents look the way you want. Find out how to upload documents to the web and then share them via Facebook, Twitter, or email. Then look at the navigation and interface options used when viewing published documents, and learn how to update your published documents online. Author Diane Burns concludes with some advanced techniques, such as embedding published documents in websites and creating customized thumbnails for document navigation.
- Previewing real-world Publish Online documents
- Changing the publishing settings
- Uploading documents to Adobe servers
- Updating published documents
- Sharing documents via social media and email
- Using the Publications dashboard
- Understanding document analytics
- Viewing documents online
- Embedding documents on websites
- Adding projects to Behance