- [Narrator] In this course, I'm going to assume that you have a working knowledge of Adobe InDesign. Otherwise, how are you going to appreciate the new features, right? And as I do for all of my training videos here, I've changed the interface from the default of white text on a dark background to black text on a light gray background, which I personally think is easier to work with, and definitely easier for people to follow along when they're viewing my videos or taking one of my classes. You do not have to do that, but if you're curious how I did do that, it's easy.
Go to Preferences, which on a Mac is under the InDesign menu, and on Windows is under the Edit menu, and go to Interface. Choose Appearance, the lightest color theme, and turn off Match Pasteboard to Theme Color. Another thing that I've changed is the workspace, from the default of Essentials to Advanced, because we're all advanced users, right? Now also, in the first chapter, the first couple movies, I do a lot of comparisons between CC 2018 and CC 2017, since they look so much alike.
In order to help you figure out which version I'm in, I have left CC 2017 at the default dark interface, with white text on a dark gray background. It's only in that first chapter that I differentiate between the two, and it's also only in the first chapter that you'll see me differentiate between CC 2018.0, which was the first release in November of 2017, and CC 2018.1, which was the second update release, in March of 2018.
But in all the remaining chapters of this course, I've incorporated the very latest features in the latest version, sometimes re-recording or adding videos as necessary. Enjoy!
- Dynamic, automated endnotes
- Creating more accessible PDFs
- Filtering font lists by class and similarity
- Using paragraph borders
- Linking text frames in CC Libraries
- Exporting cleaner HTML
- Specifying object size and position in an object style
- Using InDesign templates from Adobe Stock
- Accessing the Duden dictionary for German text
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 04/09/2018. What changed?
A: This update covers the changes, including new features and bug fixes, in InDesign CC 2018.1. An overview of the changes can be found in chapter one. Highlights included updates to endnotes and the ability to export PDFs one page at a time.