Learn strengths and shortcomings complex InDesign styles.
- [Instructor] Let's have an overview of table styles…and cell styles,…what they can do and what they can't do.…I'm going to convert this track listing…to a table that we'll click…to insert my type cursor,…select all, table, convert text to table.…For the table style…I don't already have one created.…I'm going to choose no table style to apply to that.…Click OK.…I now have a table that has columns,…is has rows and it has cells.…You can select the cells by pressing the escape key.…
I'm going to select the whole table,…and I'm going to work on its border,…its row strokes and its column strokes.…These are all attributes that can be combined…in a table style.…I'll come to my preview proxy,…triple click on there to make sure…that all of those lines are blue,…and then I'll set them all to none.…Next, I'll come to my table menu,…table options, alternating fields.…Every other row, alternating between black, 20% and none.…
I'm now going to create a table style…based on my selection.…And I'll call it track listing.…Now, if I already had my cell styles set up…
- Creating, applying, and redefining paragraph and character styles
- Using Quick Apply to apply styles
- Using GREP styles to automate text formatting
- Controlling text flow with styles
- Organizing content with paragraph rules and paragraph shading
- Creating, applying, and redefining object styles
- Applying styles with Find/Change
- Mapping Word styles to InDesign styles
Skill Level Intermediate
InDesign CC 2017 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner6h 42m Beginner
InDesign: Designing Templateswith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 31m Intermediate
Accelerated Design with Comp CC and InDesignwith Tony Harmer1h 37m Intermediate
1. Paragraph and Character Styles Basics
2. Chapter Botched on Import
3. Advanced Text Styles
5. Object Styles
6. Table and Cell Styles
7. Other Uses of Styles
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.