Join Keith Gilbert for an in-depth discussion in this video What are scripts?, part of InDesign: Scripting Made Easy.
- Creating and running custom InDesign scripts…will make your design and production work…faster and more enjoyable.…That is, unless you enjoy doing the same…mind-numbing tasks over and over again.…A script can help you with four things.…Number one, a script can help you…do something faster than you could do manually.…Number two, a script can reduce tedium…by automating repetitive tasks.…Third, a script can increase accuracy,…allowing you to quickly repeat…the same process accurately over and over.…
And finally, a script can extend the functionality…of what can be done in InDesign…because there are some things in InDesign…that have no user interface…and are only available via scripting.…I'm going to show you three examples of scripts.…These scripts are included with the exercise files,…but I have not yet shown you how to install scripts…or how to find the scripts panel or anything like that,…so for now, just sit back and watch…to see what these scripts can do.…You'll have access to these scripts in the course files…
- What are InDesign scripts?
- Installing scripts
- Editing scripts
- Referencing InDesign objects in scripts
- Creating a script to set preferences
- Creating a script to watermark designs
- Creating a script to transpose characters
Skill Level Beginner
InDesign CC 2013 Essential Trainingwith David Blatner9h 30m Beginner
InDesign CC 2014: EPUBswith Anne-Marie Concepción4h 50m Beginner
InDesign: Layout and Compositionwith Nigel French1h 27m Appropriate for all
Word and InDesign: Integrationwith Anne-Marie Concepción3h 29m Intermediate
1. Get Started
2. Find and Install Scripts
3. Edit a Script
5. Reference InDesign Objects with a Script
6. Create a Script to Configure Preferences and Defaults
7. Create a Script to Add Document Watermarks
8. Create a Script to Transpose Two Characters
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.