Shows how to create cost-effective, elegantly styled menus with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- [Voiceover] Hi, Im Nigel French. Welcome to Designing a Restaurant Menu. An attractive and functional menu is essential for the success of any restaurant or cafe. In this course, we'll be using a real world project to create a cafe menu that is readable, elegant, and this is important, affordable and easy to update and produce. We'll look at three possible design solutions, ultimately coming up with three very different menus. Most of our work will be done in Adobe InDesign, but we'll also be using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
For each design solution, we'll consider the following important factors: size, format, folding, color scheme, type-face choice, the use of texture, and the choice of paper. So let's get started.
- Adding text and design elements
- Adding texture with a Photoshop brush
- Creating a proof
- Adding stylized headers
- Designing menu inserts
- Placing and cleaning up text
- Creating a template
- Adding a textured background
- Preparing a menu for print
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Designing the Menu Folder
2. Designing the Menu Insert
3. Alternative Versions and Optional Extras
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.