David Blatner calls upon his comprehensive experience as he demonstrates how scripts can automate repetitive, time-consuming tasks.
? upbeat piano and drums ? - Hi, I'm David Blatner from InDesignSecrets.com. You may also know me from my other Lynda.com Online Training Library titles, including InDesign Essential Training, and InDesign: Beyond the Basics. This is InDesign CS4: 10 Must-Have Scripts, and today, we're going way beyond the basics as we look at how to use cool scripts to automate repetitive tasks in InDesign. For example, I'll show you how a script can help you build years worth of calendars in a matter of seconds.
How you could perform a dozen FindChange Queries with a single double-click. How to sort a list of names alphabetically right within InDesign, and even how to convert an imported InDesign file back into editable objects. These scripts are really easy to use, and, this is my favorite part, they are free! Some of them you already have, but probably don't know it yet. Some, you'll have to download from the web, and I'll give you links to those pages, but, all of them will help you get your work done faster and easier.
Let's jump in!
- Merging several text frames into a single story
- Setting keyboard shortcuts for launching scripts
- Turning multi-column text frames into individual frames to manipulate a layout
- Indexing files quickly and efficiently using character styles
- Importing, scaling, and positioning multi-page documents