Learn how to design a business card that is eye-catching and functional.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Nigel French. Welcome to Designing a Business Card. In this course, we're going to look at all aspects of designing a business card, what information to include, what size and format to make it, and how to get it printed. After we've looked at examples and talked about important design considerations, like typography, layout, and choice of color, there are two hands-on projects: the first, using InDesign to create a business card for a graphic design company; the second, using Illustrator to design a card for a coffee shop.
Let's get started.
- Examining how layout, typography, and other elements add to a design
- Incorporating imagery
- Choosing paper stock
- Using common business card sizes and formats
- Printing options
- Positioning logos and text
- Preparing a business card for print
Skill Level Beginner
Layout and Composition with InDesignwith Nigel French1h 27m Appropriate for all
1. The Elements of a Business Card
2. Taking a Closer Look at Business Cards
3. Designing a Business Card for a Design Company
4. Designing a Business Card for a Coffee Shop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.