Shows how to adapt an English language design to Spanish, covering everything from translation to copyfitting.
- [Voiceover] Hello, I'm Diane Burns and welcome to Adapting an English Layout into Spanish. In this course, you'll learn everything you need to know to work with layouts that include text in Spanish. Starting with how to get your English text translated into Spanish, and the most efficient way to include text in your layout. First, we'll create a series of bilingual signage in both English and Spanish, followed by the creation of a single-page flyer from an English original. Finally, we'll work with a more complex, longer document, and learn the best techniques for localizing a catalog into Spanish.
We'll cover some helpful InDesign tips, too, that will make you more productive in any language. So let's get started with Adapting an English Layout into Spanish. ?V?monos!
Want to learn more? Check out Multilingual Publishing Strategies with InDesign.
- How to get your text translated
- Prepping files for translation
- Inserting special characters in Spanish text
- Creating a bilingual sign
- Setting up different languages on different layers
- Formatting Spanish text
- Translating image files