Find out how to select, organize, and process your images with the EPUB format in mind, lay out and design your book, and prepare it for the appropriate ebook format.
- In my experience, photographers are always looking for new ways to share their work, and generate new revenue streams. With the explosion of e-readers, such as the iPad, Nook, Kindle, and the Sony E-Reader, a new publishing platform has emerged. Now, pro photographers can publish their own photographic ePub books, and share in an ever-growing revenue stream. In this workshop, I'll take you step-by-step through the process of selecting, organizing, and processing your images with ePub books in mind.
Then, I'll show you how to layout and design your book, and prepare it for the appropriate e-book format. Finally, I'll show you how to set up a publishing relationship with Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Google Books, and Apple Books, to distribute and sell your finished product. I'll use one of my own traditional books, County Fair Portraits, published in 1981, as a real-world case study for this course. At the end of the course, it is my hope that you too, will be be able to repurpose or create from scratch, material that will give you both ecstatic satisfaction and income.
- What is an ebook?
- The process in a nutshell, from start to finish
- Creating and designing an ebook in InDesign
- Adding hyperlinks and a table of contents
- Exporting to the EPUB format
- Publishing and marketing your ebook