Focuses on workflow automation and how to complement these workflows with other applications.
- [Voiceover] Welcome to InDesign Long Documents. My name is Nigel French, your instructor for these movies. This is not a beginning title so you need to be pretty much up to scratch working with InDesign. If you're not, I recommend that you check out the existing titles on the Lynda.com library, and, in fact, I recommend that you check them out anyway. They are all very good. Now, regardless of the length of your document, I hope that you're gonna find some really useful techniques for speeding up your work flow in these movies.
If you're a premium member of the Lynda.com online training library, or if you're watching this tutorial on a disc, then you have access to the exercise files used throughout, and let me just explain a little bit about where they are. They're in a folder called Exercise Files. Here they are and this is how they are arranged, and you'll see also that I have on my desktop, this folder Scripts Panel alias, and I'll be referring to that in explaining what that's all about in the upcoming overview movie.
If you're a monthly or annual subscriber to Lynda.com, then you will not have access to these exercise files, but nevertheless, you can follow along and use your own files and just substitute those on an as-needed basis.
- Setting up templates and master pages
- Working with Bridge
- Creating books
- Planning and managing styles
- Troubleshooting with the Story Editor
- Managing footnotes and endnotes
- Searching with GREP
- Generating a table of contents
- Automating layouts
- Repurposing material as PDF and XHTML documents
Skill Level Intermediate
1 . Getting Started
2. Planning Your Project
3. Setting Up and Applying Master Pages
4. Working with Booked Documents
5. Getting the Most from Global Formatting
6. The Story Editor and Editing Tools
7. Footnotes and Endnotes
9. Understanding GREP Searches
10. Generating a Table of Contents
Styling a table of contents7m 57s
11. Automating Layouts
12. Repurposing Material
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.