Publish Online documents can be viewed on many different types of devices, and in this video, Diane Burns will show you some of the differences in viewing a Publish Online document when on a desktop versus viewing it on a tablet, such as an iPad, or on a mobile device like an iPhone. You'll learn what features are and are not available on each device.
- [Voiceover] Publish Online documents look great…on tablets like an iPad.…They also look good on phones too,…but they're not responsive.…So if your document has a lot of text in it,…it can be hard to read.…The navigation and interaction with the document…are a little bit different on an iPad or a phone.…So, I want to show you how it works on an iPad,…which is basically the same as the phone, but bigger,…so your viewers are more likely to use a tablet.…First of all, when it comes to navigation,…if I tap the screen,…I do have these little left and right arrows,…and I can move from page to page that way.…
But sometimes they're hard to see.…And just as you might expect,…instead, I can also swipe my screen…and go from page to page that way,…a much more natural gesture on a tablet.…I do have thumbnails,…so if I tap on the thumbnail icon,…they work just the same as they do…on a desktop browser.…I can tap on the preview,…and I go to that page.…We don't have a zoom in or zoom out icon,…we don't really need one because instead,…
Learn what Publish Online can and cannot do, and how to adjust the publication settings to make sure documents look the way you want. Find out how to upload documents to the web and then share them via Facebook, Twitter, or email. Then look at the navigation and interface options used when viewing published documents, and learn how to update your published documents online. Author Diane Burns concludes with some advanced techniques, such as embedding published documents in websites and creating customized thumbnails for document navigation.
- Previewing real-world Publish Online documents
- Changing the publishing settings
- Uploading documents to Adobe servers
- Updating published documents
- Sharing documents via social media and email
- Using the Publications dashboard
- Understanding document analytics
- Viewing documents online
- Embedding documents on websites
- Adding projects to Behance